Palomino litter born 09/02/2021: 7 healthy kits! Will reserve one or two kits, and the rest will be available for purchase in early November. Please contact us if you are interested. These are golden palominos that will come with pedigrees and small bag of feed. Willing to ship via Speedee Delivery.
Simple, healthy, self-sufficient: providing the best for you and your family!
We are passionate about growing healthy, organic and heirloom fruits, vegetables, and seeds. Our homestead does not use synthetic fertilizers nor chemical herbicides in our gardens. We believe in the power of learning and teaching skills for a self-sustainable lifestyle. Strongly advocating for the genetic protection and conservation of endangered livestock and poultry breeds, we raise rare rabbit breeds to promote their necessity for meat, fur, and presence in the show ring.
Our homestead sells:
- Heirloom seeds and plants
- Jam, jelly, and preserves
- Cowboy candy (pickled jalapenos grown from our garden)
- Rabbits for breeding stock, pets, and show ring
- Rabbit meat (whole carcass, pieced, or ground)
- Rabbit manure- perfect for your vegetable and flower garden!
- Rabbit pelts and lucky feet
- Dog treats made from dehydrated rabbit organ meat
- Dog chew treats made from rabbit ears and pelt strips
- Handspun yarn
- Needle felted creatures
- Sourdough bread
- Custom sewing projects
Follow us on Facebook:
Follow us on Instagram:
We're on Etsy!
Education & Credentials:
- Bachelor Degree: Business Leadership & Management, Wisconsin Lutheran College, 2020.
- Associates Degree: Arts & Science- the University of Wisconsin Washington County, 2011.
- American Sheep Industry Association webinar: "The Conservation and Comeback of Heritage Breed Sheep", 09/08/2020.
- ARBA member (American Rabbit Breeders Association) since 03/03/2021.
- Approved & registered rabbitry with ARBA since 03/17/2021.
- Palomino Rabbit Co-Breeders Association (PRCBA) member since 03/21/2021.
- Livestock Conservancy member since 03/20/2021.
- SE2SE (Shave 'Em to Save 'Em) passport member since September 2020- have achieved first tier level of completion.
We currently have golden palomino, blanc de hotot, and New Zealand rabbit breeds- there are lots of pictures on our Facebook page!
Our rabbits are fed an 18% protein commercial pellet in addition to free-choice salt licks, seasonal vegetables and herbs from our own garden, quality hay, and apple branch sticks. They receive fresh water at least twice a day which contains a small amount of apple cider vinegar to promote health and vigor. The rabbits also receive enrichment toys for mental stimulation and fun, including items like stacking cups, tumbling bells, pinecones and cardboard tubes filled with hay and sticks.
About our rabbit meat:
Make your reservation ahead of time to get rabbit meat just the way you like it! We sell rabbit meat in a variety of ways:
- Whole carcass = chef style or basic trim. Chef style includes fat left on, liver tucked inside the unbroken body cavity, and kidneys left intact. Basic trim removes most of the fat and does not contain organs.
- Pieces = loins (tenderloin/backloin), rear legs, front legs, front saddle (ribs and loin meat), and belly flaps.
When reserved ahead of time, we will fully customize how your rabbit meat is butchered and packaged. All meat is vacuum sealed in clear plastic and includes sticker of important information. All meat is sold by the pound.
Interested in raw feed for your dog, cat or snake?
Let us supply you with the quality meat that your pet craves! Ground pet food includes: hearts, lungs, livers and rabbit meat. We can also sell organs (frozen or dehydrated), and raw "whole" rabbits. Contact us for more information.
Rabbit manure: gold for your garden!
Being a "cold" manure, rabbit droppings can immediately go into your garden with no wait time for decomposing. Sold in empty feed bags, our rabbit manure will give your garden an extra boost. Please note that bags of rabbit "cocoa puffs" may also contain straw or hay, as they can be messy eaters.
How do you weigh rabbit meat for sale?
Our business uses a 40 lb. digital price computing scale that is certified Legal for Trade. It is NTEP Approved, meaning: "This item meets all government standards and requirements as set by the National Institute of Standards and Technology for scale and other weighing equipment." It is Accuracy Class III, is stainless steel construction, and weighs in .01 pound increments. In Wisconsin, scales (including those used to weigh meat), must have a National Type Evaluation Program (NTEP) Certificate of Conformance. Any commercial scale manufactured after January 1, 1986 must be labeled Class III.
What does that mean for YOU?
In short, our scale conforms to legal standards set by the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection. This means we are being fair to YOU, our beloved customers!
With RHDV2 (Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease Virus 2) on the rise within the United States, our homestead has chosen to cage raise our rabbits for their safety. RHDV2 is a fatal, fast spreading disease that kills wild and domestic rabbits. Our cage sizes and quality exceed the standard set by ARBA (American Rabbit Breeders Association). At this time, we reserve the right to limit visitation to our rabbitry and appreciate your understanding. We will happily take additional videos and pictures of any rabbits you may have interest in.